For every journey you take, your Uber app collects payment. But what payment methods does Uber accept? Use your smartphone to add a preferred payment method to your account before requesting a ride. Your specified payment method will be debited when the journey is over.
There are different payment methods used on the Uber app and each payment method is very easy to add.
Available Uber payment methods
- Credit and debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Gift card
- Uber Cash
- Commuter Benefit – An employee benefit that covers shared transportation
You can add a payment method to your Uber account in two ways. Either through the main app menu or when you request a ride.
What is the Best Way to Pay Uber?
Uber offers many different forms of payment. The approved payment options for all of your Uber journeys are listed below. Remember that different locations may accept different payment methods.
- Credit cards: Uber accepts payments made with credit or debit cards from all the major issuers.
- Apple pay: You may use Apple Pay on iOS to pay for all of your Uber rides.
- Google Pay: For online purchases on Uber on Android, you can utilize Google Pay.
- Venmo: You can use Venmo to pay for an Uber ride in the US.
- PayPal: You can use PayPal to pay for an Uber ride by linking it to your bank account.
- Uber Cash: Uber Cash, the company’s integrated wallet, can be used to pay for your journeys. Simply add money to your wallet using any other payment method. Consider it to be similar to your other digital wallets, such as Google Pay.
- Uber Gift Cards: These cards can be bought in a few retail locations and used to pay for Uber rides.
- Cash: In some nations, Uber accepts cash payments. You might not be able to pay with cash but Uber is working on making it a reality in the US and Canada. The driver can still receive a monetary gratuity.
What Cards does Uber Not Accept?
While not all prepaid cards are accepted by Uber. The Uber app or any other Uber services you may be utilizing will probably accept Visa gift cards or prepaid Visa cards.
Any card with the Visa or Mastercard logo is the same. However, you must make sure you have enough money on your prepaid debit card to pay for your ride.
However, there are workarounds for prepaid cards that Uber does not accept.
Certain prepaid cards, particularly those with the logos of payment processors other than Visa and Mastercard, are not accepted by Uber. A Lyft gift card is also not accepted by Uber.