Some online shoppers have asked how to delete Amazon account. Moreover, specific procedures exist to delete your Amazon from your devices without glitches. Read on for a detailed guide on how to get your Amazon account deleted successfully.
These are the procedures to delete your Amazon account from your device:
- Visit the Amazon website.
- Click the Account & Lists tab.
- Tap on the Your Account button.
- Check the Settings section and click the Manage Your Content and Devices button.
- Tap on the Devices tab.
- Select the device that you want to delete your Amazon account from.
- Click on the Remove Device button.
- Click on the Yes, Remove button to confirm.
When you successfully delete your Amazon account from your device, you can no longer access Amazon content or services on that device. Moreover, if you need an Amazon account, you must create a new one on that device.
What Happens When You Delete Your Amazon Account?
After deleting your Amazon account, there are certain aspects you need to take into consideration.
You need to understand that all of your information in the account will be obliterated, as well as your order history, wishlists, gift cards, and any other available personal information saved in your account.
You will not be able to gain access to Amazon services such as Prime Video and Kindle books. And Amazon Music. Your Amazon gift cards will be deactivated, and you won’t be able to make purchases or renew your Prime membership.
You will need to cancel them before you delete your account. Suppose you have any outstanding orders or payments. In that case, if you want to restore your Amazon account, you will have 30 days to decide if you are ready to return the account, but after 30 days, all your information will be permanently deleted.
Before you restore your account, visit the Amazon website and click the Sign in button. Then, click on the Forgot your password? Link and enter your email address. You will get an email with a link to reset your password. You need to understand that deleting your Amazon account is a permanent action.
Can I Reopen a Closed Amazon Account?
Yes, you can open a closed Amazon account again, but before you decide to make such a decision, you need to consider the conditions below:
You will only be allowed to delete your account within 180 days of deletion. When 180 days elapse, you will have all your information permanently deleted.
The same information you used to create your account will be required, including your email address, password, and date of birth.
Amazon sometimes requests that you provide additional information for identity verification. When you face any challenge reopening your account, contacting customer care for assistance is highly recommended.
What to Do Before Deleting Your Amazon Account
You need to follow the steps below before deleting your Amazon account:
- Download a copy of your order history.
- Visit the Amazon website and click the Account & Lists tab.
- Transfer any gift cards to another account. You can do this by going to Amazon and clicking the Your Account tab.
- Then, scroll down to the Gift Cards section and click the Transfer Gift Cards button.
- Update your contact information with other retailers or services using your Amazon account.
- You can delete your Amazon account when you have successfully followed the procedures. You will not be able to recover your Amazon account. If you delete your Amazon account, you will also lose access to any Prime benefits.
Deleting your Amazon may influence your ability to use other Amazon services, such as Kindle books and Amazon Music.
You need to understand that deactivating your account will not allow you to use it, but it will not delete your account It is possible to reactivate it at any time by signing in to it.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account
Amazon had controversial trends, especially regarding data collection and employee treatment. If you have a thought that Amazon’s service and deliveries aren’t worth your money, These are the simple steps on how to delete your Amazon account:
- Visit the official site.
- You need to carefully check out which Amazon services you will not gain access to after you delete your account.
- Check “Yes, I want to close my Amazon Account and delete my data permanently.”
- Tap on Close my account.
- Tap on the confirm account closure link.
- Enter your password.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will lose access to your Amazon content, including purchased items, digital content, and gift cards. You will also lose access to your Amazon account settings and preferences.
Amazon may retain some of your data for legal or regulatory purposes. It may take up to 24 hours for your account to be deleted completely.
If you want to delete your Amazon account, follow the above steps. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to delete your Amazon account is a personal one.