How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Subscription is relatively easy. Some Amazon Prime members aren’t ordering much or are not eligible to order from their favorite restaurants. However, they keep wondering about how to cancel their Amazon Prime membership. The following section provides you with the membership cancellation process.
Prime is considered one of the most popular and unique membership programs that offer fast and free delivery and a vast library of movies, series, and sports on Prime Video.
Some Prime members do not place frequent orders to enjoy the benefit offered after a subscription and consider canceling Prime membership: These are the steps on how to cancel your Amazon Prime membership subscription:
- Go to Amazon.com
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the Account & Lists menu and select Prime Membership.
- Click on End Membership under.
- Manage Membership,
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your membership.
You can also cancel your Amazon Prime membership using your phone. If you cancel your Amazon Prime membership within the first 30 days, you will be eligible for a full refund. After 30 days, you will not qualify for a refund. These are some things to consider when cancelling your Amazon Prime membership:
- Any active will still be shipped, and you will be charged for them.
- All your Prime Video Channels will be canceled immediately.
- If you have any Amazon Music Unlimited or Audible subscriptions, they will not be affected by your Amazon Prime cancellation.
- What Time Does Walmart Open and Close?
- What Time Does Target Close on Sunday?
- What Time Does Walmart Close on Weekends?
How to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Using the App
These are the steps on how to cancel your Amazon Prime membership using the app:
- Open the Amazon app on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Tap on Your Account.
- Scroll down and tap on Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Tap on Prime Membership Settings.
- Tap on Manage membership.
- Tap on End Membership.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to cancel your membership.
How to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Using a Desktop
These are the steps to cancel your Amazon Prime membership using a desktop:
- On a desktop computer:
- Visit Amazon.com using your web browser.
- Check out the Accounts & Lists menu in the top-right window, and select the Prime Membership option.
- Move to the Manage Membership section at the top-right of the screen, then tap the End Membership button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to proceed to the cancellation of your Prime subscription.
What Happens When You Cancel Amazon Prime?
When you cancel your Amazon Prime membership, you will lose access to all the benefits listed below:
- Free unlimited photo storage
- Prime Video streaming service
- Prime Music streaming service
- Prime Early AccessFree two-day shipping on eligible items
- Same-day delivery on eligible items
- Free one-day shipping on eligible items
- Free shipping on grocery orders over $35
You will also lose access to any other benefits included with your Prime membership, such as the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Lending Library or get discounts on Whole Foods Market purchases.
Your Prime membership will continue until the end of your current billing period. For example, if you cancel your membership on the 1st of the month, but your billing period doesn’t end until the 15th, you will still have access to Prime benefits until the 15th.
If you cancel your Amazon Prime membership within three business days of signing up for or converting from a free trial, you will be eligible for a full refund. However, if you cancel your membership after three business days, you will not qualify for a refund.
You can always sign up for Amazon Prime again in the future. However, if you cancel a monthly Prime membership, you can only register again after the month you paid for. You must consider the following before you cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
- If you have any orders in the shipping process, they will still be shipped with Prime benefits.
- If you have any Prime Video or Prime Music subscriptions, they will continue until your current billing period ends.
- You can still use the Amazon Prime app to browse products and read product reviews. However, you will not be able to check out with Prime benefits.
If you consider canceling your Amazon Prime membership, carefully reviewing the benefits and costs is highly recommended. If you do not use Prime benefits often, canceling your membership may save you money. However, if you use Prime benefits frequently, you may want to keep your membership.