How Long Does it Take Uber Eats to Refund Money?
How long does it take Uber Eats to refund money? This is indeed a valid question and if you’ve been a customer of UberEats for a long time, you would know that this is actually a big challenge. You may also know that things could definitely go wrong during this process. Therefore it is important to know how long it takes to get a refund from UberEats.
The refund process for Uber Eats takes about one to five working days before it can reflect in your bank account from the time they issue it.
Also, the wait time depends on the type of bank you have. Some customers see their refunds in minutes instead of days. The refund varies which is why Uber Eats can’t promise you’ll receive a refund within five days.
Checking weekly statements within the app can help you confirm your refund. Sometimes the statement can take two weeks, so it is possible to see it reflected in your bank account.
How Do I Get My Money Back from Uber Eats?
There are two known ways to get an Uber Eats refund: using the app or their browser website.
They will require you to sign in to your account and they may want as much information as you go through their customer service process.
How to Get a Refund Using the App
- In order to get a refund with the Uber app, scroll to the order in question under the “Orders” bar.
- Inside the order, check the bottom and click on “Get Help.”
- Once opened, the app will take you to Uber Eats customer support who will take you through requesting a refund.
How to Get a Refund Online
Getting a refund online is actually simple as well.
- First, contact Uber by getting to Uber Eats Help, then click “Help with an Order.”
- Select the order applicable to your situation and then the current issue.
- The website will ask you to sign in as it directs you through the process, and alternately will connect you to the specific order in question.
Does Uber Eats Refund Money after Cancellation?
The guarantee of getting a refund for a canceled order depends on the stage at which you canceled the order. When putting in an order, the order doesn’t process except when the restaurant receives and accepts it.
Once your order is accepted by the restaurant, it gets difficult to receive a refund for the order you canceled. So you have to make sure you really need the food before placing the order.