- 80 dkg lamb tripe
- 30 dkg onion
- 10 dkg celeriac
- 12 dkg carrot
- ½ garlic
- 12 dkg dried mutton
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 20 dkg tomato
- 3 bayleaves
- Lamb fat
- 0,8kg potatoes
- 0.12 kg butter
- Dice dried mutton and fry on lamb fat.
- Add finely chopped onion and sautee until soft.
- Add diced vegetables (celeriac, carrot, garlic) and sautee toghether.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes and simmer while adding water.
- Once the sauce is boiling, mix with hand mixer.
- Add thinely sliced lamb tripe, bayleaves, salt and pepper.
- Cook until tripes become tender.
- Boil potatoes separately, make a creamy puree and place into sifon.
- Serve all toghether.
The best of lamb from the island of PagServes 10
- 6kg lamb
- 800 g carrot
- 600 g onion
- 150 g celeriac
- 100 g parsley root
- 50g garlic
- 2 dl red wine
- 500 g tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1,5 dl oil
- Debone half of lamb.
- Roll leg of lamb in strech foil, vacuum pack, cook sous vide for 8 hours at 60 °C.
- Confit lamb belly for 2 hours at 120C, then place into strech foil and under a weight in order to press out remaining fat.
- Roast lamb bones in oven with root vegetables, then transfer into a pot and pour over with red wine.
- Add tomatoes and water to cover the bones (twice in volume)
- Cook up to 60 h on low heat, strain and reduce on low heat until it reaches desired density.
- Combine eggs, oil and chives into emulsion.
- Cook carrots and when they’re almost ready, add star anise.
- Once carrots are cooked, mix into a puree and season.
- Roast leg and belly on lamb fat, and serve on top of carrot puree.
- Slowly glaze salicornia in a mixture of water, butter, sugar and salt.
- Pour demi glace over lamb and add chive emulsion.
Tuna brudet (stew)Serves 4
- 0.6kg tuna
- 2 kg fish bones and heads
- 1 kg onion
- 0.1kg garlic
- 0.2 kg celeriac
- 0.15l white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 0.5kg tomatoes
- 0.5kg polenta
- 0.25 kg mixed wild greens
- Saute onion, garlic and celeriac on olive oil.
- Add fish bones and heads, and roast well in a pot.
- Add white wine and once alcohol evaporates, add tomato paste and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 2 hours and run through a strainer then drain.
- Reduce the sauce until it reaches desired density.
- Bring to boil water fr polenta 1:4.
- Add finely chopped mixed wild greens and season with salt.
- Once water boils, add polenta and mix for a few minutes until cooked.
- Mix water, oil, flour and squid ink into a paste and deep fry into crakers.
- Cut tuna into cubes and grill. Season to taste.
- Serve creamy polenta and sauce, add tuna and add squid ink craker.